Monday, September 12, 2005

Thank you to David.

I haven't done any actual written posts on this blog. I know that only a small handful of people (mostly family) come to this site to see any updated pics of their grandkids that are so far away. But there is one person who might come here occasionally that is becoming an influence on my photography. I would like to say thank you to our crazy Canadian friend David Duchemin for his advice on photography, both in the actual usage of my camera (which I am still quite illiterate in using) as well as theory and philosophy in capturing images. As you can see, most of the pictures I post are of my kids, some of animals and now some of other peoples kids. I am searching for my vision as I learn how to work my expensive toy. His last tip has led me into the world of the Manual setting on my canon to try and attempt to get a sharper image without having to use my photoshop program as much. I am pleased with the results. His past posts and pictures are getting me to look before I shoot and try to capture something more than what is just there. If you are interested in checking out some of Davids work I suggest visiting both of his blogs.

http://fearfullyhuman.blogs.com/
http://www.fearfullyhuman.com/pixelatedimage/

Not only are the pics well worth looking at but his posts will give you lots to contemplate. I read very few blogs (actually none other than his - and mine of course), but I do find his to be quite thought provoking, entertaining, frustrating at times, but ultimately very well written and worth the time it takes to read them. I have only met David once at a juggling festival in Austin and while we may stand at opposite ends of the political spectrum, I consider him to be a close friend. His blogs have allowed me to enter into his life in a way that I could only hope to match - yet I do not have the writing skills or strong enough inclination to post as often and with as much heart and expertise as he does. He will just have to get to know me better over dinner whenever he is in Columbus.

On that note - check out his pics and posts. Thank you for your input David. I look forward to reading and seeing more.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Tim. It's been a pleasure. And while we may seem to be at poles, politically speaking, we are brothers in Christ and I think the rest is gravy.

My new photo site/portfolio is now at pixelatedimage.com - stop by and have a gander. You can also get there through missionaryphotographer.com

Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home